David Anthony D’Agostino
Creative IT leader focused on increasing business productivity and agility. Over 15 years of progressive experience in technical infrastructure, telecom, and the design, development and management of information systems. Specializing in the evaluation, implementation, and adoption of new technologies.
Experience with enterprise applications, collaboration, change management and knowledge management for the Government Contracting and Professional Services industries. Successful in leading cross-functional groups, building consensus, and managing a globally distributed project workforce. Manage due diligence and IT Integration activities resulting from mergers and acquisitions.
- IT Transformation; Change Management
- Agile Methods; Project Management
- Enterprise Architecture; IT Strategy and Standards
- Cloud Computing
- Mobile and Enterprise Social
- Data Center; Business Continuity; Disaster Preparedness
- Systems Implementation, Integration, Training, and End-User Support
- Full System Development Lifecycle; Systems Analysis; Business Process Analysis
- Budgeting; Staffing; Planning; Vendor and SLA Management; Contract Negotiations
- Unified Communications / IP Telephony
- Audio / Video Production and Conferencing; Music; Digital Media
- Compliance: Sarbanes-Oxley; ISO 9001:2008; ITIL Foundations Certified
- Certified ScrumMaster
CIO – Primescape Solutions, Inc., Herndon, VA May 2012 to Present
Changed the perception of IT from a break/fix operation to a strategic business partner. Transformed IT services from a mix of physical and virtual servers on an aging, on-premises infrastructure to a hybrid environment that combines Software as a Service (SaaS) and a private cloud for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) from a SSAE16 SOC-1 Type II Certified Data Center. Results:
- Quickly identified unused or unneeded software and services, eliminating over $100K in expenses
- Reduced server count by over 90% through consolidation and virtualization
- Reduced energy costs by 92%
- Reduced annual budget by 35% while adding services and improving service levels
- Eliminated tape backups and improved recovery options through cloud backup of virtual machines
Manage partner relationships with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ingram Micro, Microsoft and VMware and assist with strategy, technical solutions and pricing for proposal efforts. Participate in strategic planning and lead initiatives for knowledge capture, data management, and social media engagement.
Director, Information Technology – ATS Corporation, McLean, VA 1999 to 2012
Top IT executive at a professional services firm with over $100 million in annual revenue. Manage internal staff responsible for technical infrastructure, telecommunications, business applications, public web sites and corporate intranet. Member of Management Steering Committee that reviews and approves all business processes improvements under our Quality Management System (QMS).
- Work with senior executives to define an Enterprise Architecture Framework (EAF), ensuring that the technical, applications, and information architectures support our organizational objectives and business goals. Conduct IT Portfolio Evaluations to assess gaps in information services and applications and set priorities for initiatives and enhancements.
- Led project to move from physical server environment with local storage to virtual servers on a Storage Area Network. Resulted in quicker implementations and simplified system administration. Reduced costs for hardware and power while providing high-availability cluster for critical systems and SAN-based replication of virtual machines to remote disaster recovery facility.
- Managed the relocation of IT assets to new corporate headquarters including buildout of new data center, and procurement and installation of Cisco network infrastructure and VoIP phone system.
- Contribute to bid and proposal efforts through research, writing, and review of technical solutions.
- Directed the evaluation and implementation of web-based packages for recruiting, training, HR Self-Service, Electronic Timesheets, and Help Desk Ticketing, increasing the accuracy of information and efficiency of administrative services to remote offices and mobile workforce.
- Led multiple major redesign efforts for public web sites and corporate intranet, introducing features including a searchable resume database, skills matrix, and technical point of contact applications to help staff and deliver services to our clients.
- Established proposal and project collaboration web sites for proposal group, project teams, and external team members. Produced webcast for annual All Hands meeting and developed rich media presentations to deliver training over the internet.
- Manage partnerships with Microsoft and VMware. Evaluate new products and technology for client projects as well as internal use. Assist in bid and proposal efforts.
- Lead for company-wide Business Continuity and Disaster Preparedness efforts. Improve reliability and availability of systems through monitoring, redundancy, and change management discipline. Increase security of corporate data through multi-layered defense strategies.
- Established IT Help Desk to centralize, manage, and track support activities. Set standards and implemented policies and procedures to ensure more uniform and cost-effective support. Adapted service management and change management policies to comply with ISO and ITIL standards.
Internal Systems Manager – james martin + co (now Headstrong), Fairfax, VA 1991 to 1999
Direct the review and assessment of systems for internal use at an international management consulting firm. Produce comprehensive designs and implementation plans, and manage the execution of those plans through system delivery. Responsible for identifying relevant new technologies, evaluating software packages, and the integration of new systems into our IT architecture.
- Project manager for package evaluation and staffing stages of HRMS project. Technical lead for global implementation of PeopleSoft HRMS. Managed development, test, training, and production instances. Led testing and troubleshooting of LAN and WAN connectivity and performance for US, Europe, and Asia. Established PeopleSoft training and development environment at our Global Development Center in Asia.
- Program manager for global Y2K readiness effort. Led planning, assessment, and remediation activities for all major business systems, IT infrastructure, and third-party products and services. Managed a project team with members located in Asia, Australia, Europe, and the US. Developed Desktop Readiness Initiative completed by all employees worldwide. Coordinated global Y2K rollover and simulation testing for mission-critical systems.
- Co-author of the Package Implementation Methodology, which was a component of the Architect Process Management Suite.
- Project manager for the implementation of Costpoint financial system providing automated billings, flexible revenue and project accounting, and more sophisticated query, reporting, and OLAP capabilities. Led package evaluation effort, established test and production environments on Oracle database, developed implementation plans, and managed professional staff responsible for execution of specific plan tasks.
- Managed the roll out of an electronic timesheet application for over 600 global users. This system allows entry and approval of timesheets over LAN, WAN, or internet connections, and interfaces with our project accounting software. Increased the timeliness and accuracy of time reporting and client billings.
M.S., Management Information Systems, The George Washington University
B.S., magna cum laude, Communications, James Madison University
Technology and Business Applications Experience
- Microsoft Office 365
- Google Apps
- Deltek Costpoint / GCS Premier / System 1
- Deltek Time & Expense
- ADP Workforce Now, UltiPro HRMS, PeopleSoft HRMS, PeopleTools
- OpenHire Applicant Tracking System
- ManageEngine Service Desk+, HelpStar and FootPrints Help Desk Ticketing Systems
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Salesforce.com, Siebel CRM, WinAward CRM
- Microsoft Exchange / Outlook, Exchange ActiveSync
- Microsoft IIS, SharePoint Services
- MS SQL Server, Oracle Database
- SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Net, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader
- Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Visio
- Crystal Reports, IBM/Cognos Impromptu
- Microsoft client and network operating systems
- Dell, HP, Servers and PCs, Mac OSX, iOS, iPhone, iPad
- Network Infrastructure; Data Centers
- LAN/WAN, MPLS, wireless networks, voice, remote access, VPNs
- Audio, Video, and Web Conferencing
- Cisco Unified Communications Solutions
- VMware vSphere, vCenter
- EMC, EqualLogic NAS/SAN
- Firewalls, Cisco ASA, Barracuda Spam Firewall, Postini Message Security
Training and Certifications
Microsoft Education: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) with certifications in SQL Server and Windows Architecture
Learning Tree: ITIL Foundations Certified
PeopleSoft Education: PeopleTools Foundation; Query/Crystal Power Reporting
Oracle Education: Masters Certificate – Database Administrator; Masters Certificate – Application Administrator